Create a Workspace
The dcupl CLI allows you to initialize various starter projects.
For this quick introduction, choose the "Minimal Setup". It includes a concise dcupl project to help you get started with dcupl, containing a simple model and the corresponding data.
To create your new workspace, run the following command in your terminal:
# Whats your project name? --> your-project-name
# Do you want to start from scratch or a demo application? --> Minimal Setup
You've just created your first local dcupl workspace 🚀
Navigate to your new workspace with
cd your-project-name and install the dependencies using
A quick overview...
- data/* -> your static data sources are placed here.
- models/* -> here are your models. Models describe the entities of your application.
- dcupl.lc.json -> the loader configuration is the description of your application. It's a generic way to jumpstart your applications using the Application Loader.
- dcupl.secrets.json -> contains the apiKey of your project. This file should never leave your local workspace.
- dcupl.config.json -> contains your workspace configuration.
In the next step we will create a free dcupl account to connect your local workspace with a dcupl Console project.